Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Wedding Story: Bridal Portraits

I never dreamed of taking bridal portraits like most girls do.  I knew that photography was expensive and knew that I could live without them to save money.  But my sweet friend, Stan, professional photographer for I Am Second who runs his own photography business, Against the Grain Images, offered us a package that we couldn't pass up.  His favorite part of the whole process is the bridals and he's passionate about whole the process of engagement/marriage and loves getting to know his client's hearts.

My wonderful sister-in-law came along and helped me at the photo shoot at our wedding venue, Willow Creek Ranch in Cleburne, Texas.  I don't know how I would have done it without her!  She helped me get in and out of the heavy dress, helped with placement in the photos and gave us great posing ideas.  I am so grateful for her!

My dress was made by Essense of Australia. I cannot tell you how much I loved this dress!!!  And let me say this...I have never been the girl to dream about my wedding dress so I had no idea about what kind of dress I would want.  All I knew was that I didn't want strapless and preferred lace so I tried on many different dresses.  I had seen this one online so as soon as I found it in the boutique, I HAD to try it on.

It had a trumpet silhouette and was pretty form fitting, especially around the booty.  I loved the lace and the French-wide satin sash.  It went perfectly with my cowboy boots too!

It's weird how a dress can make you feel like a princess...ok, maybe a cowgirl princess, but it really can!













Thanks a ton, Stan!

To catch up on my wedding posts...
How We Met
How We Started Dating
The Proposal
Engagement Photos
Engagement: What Not To Do

Linking up with Nancy J and Meredith!


Love Always Nancy J


Texas Women Bloggers

12 comments:

  1. Your dress is absolutely STUNNING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, you look beautiful!! I absolutely love your dress and that bow/sash!! OH AND THE BOOTS, of course!! Stopping over from Wedding Wednesday!

    Meg @ www.myborrowedheaven.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are beautiful! i had so much fun with my bridals and your location is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dress is gorgeous!!!! You are a beautiful bride!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your dress! You look amazing in those photos Kelli!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These photos are amazing, you look so great in it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning photos, Kelli!! I ADORE your dress!! Love that you had cowboy boots under your gorgeous gown!! (I sported white sketchers sneakers under my wedding dress. :)) So happy for ya that you were able to have these amazing photos taken!! What a precious keepsake!! (: xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those photos are breathtaking! I absolutely adore them!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh! Stunning photos! I just LOVE your dress! It's gorgeous and you wear it so well - it looks like it was made just for you!

    Gorgeous. Thanks for sharing.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. BEAUTIFUL. Your dress was soo gorgeous , as were you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I absolutely LOVE reading your comments and try my hardest to reply via email! Make sure you're not a no-reply commenter so I can do that. If I can't email you, I'll try to reply on here :-) Have a wonderful day, friends!