Saturday, April 19, 2014

My 6 Monthiversary!!

HAPPY 6 MONTHS TO MY BEST FRIEND AND HUBBY CAKES!


Today, Kevin and I have been married for 6 months!  On October 19, 2013, we said "I DO!" outside of a beautiful barn in a small town in Texas.  I'm sure I won't be celebrating every 6 months so why not celebrate the first one?!

The past 6 months of my life have been AMAZING!  Here are some things that I've learned:

>> I am NOT good at sleeping in the same bed as someone else!  I'm still getting used to it 6 months later!

>> My husband has such a servant heart - he knows that unloading the dishwasher or vacuuming makes my heart do a happy dance!

>> I love cooking food that makes Kevin happy!  Now I need to work on cooking healthy things - he'll still eat it and be happy - he's easy to please!

>> I enjoy doing absolutely nothing with my hubby right by my side!

>> The answer to the toothpaste tube dilemma --> each person has their own tube of toothpaste...how simple! 

>> I'm so glad Kevin likes the toilet paper "over" just like me!

>> We are goofballs separately but we REALLY bring it out in each other - I never knew I'd be making up such crazy, cheesy pet names!

>> There are some battles that you just have to let go.  Some things aren't worth fighting about.  I'm learning to not let the little things bother me like they used to.

>> I really do like baseball now!

>> Kevin can make me happy anytime by just holding me.  And he's so good with words.  He knows how to express his love for me and make me feel special!

>> We both secretly love Taco Tuesdays at Rosas, no matter how bad it is for us!

>> No marriage is perfect.  I've learned to not get down on myself when things aren't perfect.  It's normal to have struggles.  It's how you handle them that makes a difference.

>> A man's equivalent to unconditional LOVE = unconditional RESPECT

I love you Kevin!  Here's to many more 6 monthiversaries!

17 comments:

  1. Congratulations on a wonderful first 6 months! Celebrate all the little things :) We also have 2 tubes of toothpaste and typically have our own Taco Tuesday now that we no longer live near Rosas! Mmmm...sopapillas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, happy 6 months! Marriage will always have something to teach you... it sounds like a pretty educational and wonderful 6 months.

    Wishing you a lovely weekend my friend.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you Cassie!!! :) You'll be celebrating yours not too long from now!

      Delete
  4. Yay for Texas October weddings =) We were married Oct 1, 2011! Love it that time of the year. I love all these lessons that you've learned too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy 6 months ;) i think we need to do the 2 tubes of toothpaste, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy 6 months!! Marriage is work, but wonderful, happy work!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! That's what I hear :) Looking forward to it and love learning from others that have already been through it!

      Delete
  7. Happy 6 months! You guys are such an adorable couple. So glad you're enjoying married life. The first year can be a challenge but you guys don't seem to be phased. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy 6 month anni! Yes to separate toothpastes, toilet paper being "over," and doing nothing together! Coming from someone who's been married for almost 12 years, I'm impressed by this list. It looks more like a list from someone who's been married for 5 years. And, your wedding photo is breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jen! I love that photo too!! :)

      Not that we have it all down...we for sure have problems at times. I think maybe it has to do with my age? I'm 31. Not that I'm old, but I do have many many many friends who are married and I feel like I heard it all before I was married. I know there's never an "all". We will most definitely be learning each other forever. I think I had pretty realistic expectations when we got married which has saved some strife...the Lord taught me SOOOO much in waiting. I expect conflict and ask that God helps equip me when those times come. :) Thanks for stopping by, Jen!

      Delete
  9. Yay!! Happy first 6 months!!

    The.Boy and I have separate toothpastes also. it is the only way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joanne! Smart :) Definitely the only way! I'd go crazy otherwise :-p

      Delete
  10. Happy 6 months!!! Love reading these discoveries about your newlywed time...and I'm sure you'll continue to add many more things to this list through the years!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy 6th month anniversary!! What a fun post in celebration of this special milestone :) You'll enjoy looking back at it for years to come! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I absolutely LOVE reading your comments and try my hardest to reply via email! Make sure you're not a no-reply commenter so I can do that. If I can't email you, I'll try to reply on here :-) Have a wonderful day, friends!