Tuesday, April 29, 2014

In The Word: His Way is Perfect!

So when I was in college, I did a lot of youth ministry my first couple years and LOVED it!  I served as the interim youth minister at a small church outside of Waco, Texas from the end of my freshman year to mid-sophomore year.  What an amazing experience!  My kids were awesome!  I still keep in touch with a lot of them today.  Most are grown, married and have their own children now!  Eek!  That makes me feel old!

Every Tuesday, the kids would come over to my house and we'd have "ITW" which stood for In The Word.  We would focus on one bit of Scripture that week, memorize it and apply it to our lives.

I love this new series with Cassie and Cassie called the exact same thing!  Check out their posts as well!  I believe in being in The Word daily and just love getting to share some of it with you each Tuesday!  I'm most definitely not perfect and don't always achieve it daily but I'm working towards it.

Today I want to share my favorite Psalm (or parts of it so I don't lose your attention).  It was written by David after he had been rescued from his enemies (Saul and his men).  Often, I try to dig dig dig into Scripture to try to get something out of it to apply to my day.  But I think that sometimes, we need to just stop and praise Him for rescuing us, for loving us so deeply as to send His Son to die for us.  Sometimes I read this Psalm as just that.  I praise Him for rescuing me, His ways being perfect and for being my Rock!

Psalm 18

I love you, LORD;
you are my strength.
The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior;
He is my shield, the power that saves me,
and my place of safety.
I called on the LORD, who is worthy of praise,
and he saved me from my enemies...

...He reached down from heaven and rescued me;
he drew me out of deep waters...

...God's way is perfect.
All the LORD's promises prove true.
He is shield for all who look to him for protection.
For who is God except the LORD?
Who but our God is a solid rock?
God arms me with strength,
and he makes my way perfect.
He makes me as surefooted as a deer,
enabling me to stand on mountain heights...

The LORD lives!  Praise to my Rock!
May the God of my salvation be exalted!

(NLT, Verses 1-3,16,30-33,46)

I challenge you to declare this often.  If you're a believer, He's rescued you from darkness.  My favorite part is verse 16 - God's way is perfect!  Hallelujah!  Because if my life were determined by me, what a mess it would be!  There are times that I do try to take over and it does become a mess.  That's when God steps in and asks me to trust Him and let Him take control.  I'm thankful to have a Savior that guides me and directs me with perfection!


5 comments:

  1. This is SO GOOD. Thanks for linking up again, and it's too funny that we called it the same thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this!!! So funny to see Cassie & Cassie. I hope people don't get confused! ;) So crazy that they did ITW on a Tuesday. ha!
    Thanks for linking up!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I know! :) Well, each link goes to your different blogs. Thanks for hosting the link-up, Cassie!

      Delete
  3. This is fantastic!!! Thank you so much for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I absolutely LOVE reading your comments and try my hardest to reply via email! Make sure you're not a no-reply commenter so I can do that. If I can't email you, I'll try to reply on here :-) Have a wonderful day, friends!