Thursday, April 3, 2014

If I Knew That Tomorrow Was My Last Day on Earth...

Today I'm linking up with Karissa at A Fresh Start on a Budget for her April Blog Challenge.  I'd love to link up everyday but with my job, I know that's just not possible. So I'll participate when I can!

Today, her prompt is:

If you knew that tomorrow was your last day on Earth, what three things would you do?

{ONE}

First off, I would not go to work! Ha! I would grab my husband, our doggies and my hubby's side of the family and speed on down to my hometown where my parents, grandparents and siblings live.  I would want to spend every last minute with them.  They are the most important people in my life!  It'd be a large crew, but it'd be awesome!






And I have to add my BFF's since Kindergarten too!



{TWO}

I would start journaling/blogging like crazy to record events in my life for those who love me to read when they miss me.  I think they would appreciate that.  There are so many amazing things that God has done in my life that everyone probably doesn't know.  I'd write about times like these...

...that time in college that my friends and I thought it'd be cool to drag each other behind a Ford Explorer on a cardboard box, holding onto jumper cables, in the middle of a field...

...or that time I got to swim on a beach in Brazil...

...or that time I ate durian fruit and rode on an elephant in Thailand...


I'd also write a letter to each person in my family telling them how much they mean to me and read it to them.  Then they could always come back to it and read those same words!


{THREE}

This is tough, but I would probably call everyone that is on my heart who doesn't know Jesus and tell them about Him.  I know I should take this as a nudge to do it now, but I let my "approval addiction" get in the way of that.  I'm afraid of offending people, I'm afraid of them thinking I'm judging them, I'm afraid of mean words coming back to me.  But these responses are NOTHING compared to knowing Christ.  After all, I do live my life for Him and my hope is in Him.  I know I will be with God in eternity and I want others to be a part of that as well.  Eternity is not a joke.  I need to be stronger about this.  Why keep such AMAZING news from others when it is offered to them as well?!



Thank you, Karissa, for challenging me to think about this!!

3 comments:

  1. Those are all great things Kelli. It sounds like you have a really close family. I'm not sure what I'd do. Probably spend all the time I could with my hubby and little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must also have an "approval addiction" I am afraid to tell people the Good news! I need to stop caring about how I might be stepping on peoples toes and start worrying about their eternity. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your #3. I too have "approval addiction". I've been asking God to prepare me to share more about Him with others. For now I try to share through my blog and by being a living, breathing example of God's grace.

    I think I would spend loads of time with my girls, family, and friends. There would be food. Lots of delectable food.

    Wishing you a blessed day.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I absolutely LOVE reading your comments and try my hardest to reply via email! Make sure you're not a no-reply commenter so I can do that. If I can't email you, I'll try to reply on here :-) Have a wonderful day, friends!