Friday, April 25, 2014

Euro Trip: Rome, Italy

Today I'm combining my travel series with the 5 on Friday link-up!  In college, I went on a 36-day study abroad trip and we traveled to 6 different countries in Europe.  I want to share my experiences with you so let's hope my memory works right now!  That was 10 years ago!  It was called the International Business Seminar.  We traveled to various companies and wrote a report on each of them.  It was pretty cool!  In this 5 on Friday, I'll be talking about 5 different things we did in Rome!



ROME, ITALY

{ONE}
BUSINESS

We visited Exxon Mobil, Skin High Fashion (not sure if that's the correct name) and got to do tourist activities the other day.

Business women at Exxon Mobil :)

On the runway at Skin High Fashion

{TWO}
FOOD

We enjoyed lots of delicious Italian food.  This was a memorable meal with my friends!  Italian food, wine, Italian music, being outside...





{THREE}
HISTORY

 Colosseum

Colosseum

 Roman Forum

Roman Forum

 This was the prison cell that held the apostle Paul and Peter

Pantheon...I think!

{FOUR}
SIGHT SEEING

 Trevi Fountain

 The Vatican

St Peter's Cathedral

Crazy packed Spanish Steps!  So you can't see this well but right as I was taking this picture, someone started having a seizure (middle left) and tons of people rushed to help.  It was crazy!



{FIVE}
FRIENDS

I made so many great friends on this trip!  Kelley (in the pink shirt) and I still talk often and I follow her travels on her blog The Shabby Suitcase.




Thanks for "joining me" on my trip to Rome!  Next up...Florence, Italy!

Have a wonderful weekend!!!


10 comments:

  1. What an awesome trip! My husband and I were planning a trip for Rome, Paris and London this spring but cancelled it when we decided to make our big move. I hope we can make it one day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVED Rome and Italy in general when I went! I would love to go back someday and bring the hunster! Great pics! Have a fabulous weekend!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sigh. I miss Italy so very much. Italy is my favorite country in the world. I studied abroad in Italy when I was getting my masters. We visited business as well and stayed in some pretty small towns. It is an amazing country with so much history. Rome is probably top 3 favorite cities in the world as well. Seeing these photos really brings me back. I'm really hoping I can take the hubby soon; he's never been.
    Have a great weekend Kelli!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww I love this! And I haven't seen a couple of these photos before! Such GREAT memories from that trip...it's where I first fell in love with Europe! And huge thanks for the shout out! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely great memories! It was really fun to re-live it by posting this...I can't wait to do the other countries/cities! And of course! I love all of your travel posts on your blog!

      Delete
  5. I LOVE that you're doing this series!!! I didn't make it to Rome while in Italy, so it was really fun seeing these snapshots of your time there! Thanks for sharing!! Can't wait to read your post on Florence next! ....Ahhh, Italy! *happy sigh* :)

    Have a lovely weekend, sweet friend!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously amazing!! love seeing these photos. have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Alicia! I'm glad you enjoyed the photos! It was a great walk down memory lane for me :) Hope you had a great weekend!

      Delete
  7. Rome is so beautiful - you definitely were able to get all the major sights in!! I can't believe someone had a seizure and it was caught in your photo - that's crazy!!! I have to say that when I got back from Rome I was at least 5-7 pounds lighter not because I didn't eat all the amazingly good food - but because everything was so fresh over there!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I absolutely LOVE reading your comments and try my hardest to reply via email! Make sure you're not a no-reply commenter so I can do that. If I can't email you, I'll try to reply on here :-) Have a wonderful day, friends!