Monday, April 28, 2014

Dark Chocolate Cake and a Healthy Salad!

After doing some yardwork this weekend, my hubby and I are really suffering from bad allergies so we're a little under the weather.  We would appreciate your prayers!  We don't want full-blown sinus infections!

So today's post is quick...

I just want to share some recipes that I made last week.  One healthy, one NOT healthy! :)

Last Friday was my coworker's birthday so I made a Mix and Match Mama bundt cake!  She chose the Dark Chocolate with Chocolate Ganache one and IT WAS AMAZING!  I don't even love dark chocolate but I sure loved this cake!  It was so moist and chocolate-y!!!  There were no leftovers with this one. People from other departments were coming to get a piece of this cake!


Sometimes I try to prepare my lunches for the week ahead of time.  This week, I made The Garden Grazer's Southwestern Chopped Salad with Cilantro Dressing.  Delicious AND healthy!


Have a wonderful week, my friends!

6 comments:

  1. Ok, both of these recipes are right up my alley and look delicious!! Sorry you guys aren't feeling good, sending some prayers your way. Several of us here in Oklahoma are feeling some allergy yuckiness today too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh that salad looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was! I just had the last of it today and it was just as good! I'll be making it again for sure. :)

      Delete
  3. That salad looks so good! I'm not great at making salads at home but could definitely try for this one. Yum!
    And of course Shay's Bundy cakes are so great. I've only made one but it was so rich. Mmmmm.
    I hope you both start feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum!! Love this- thanks for sharing!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both look SO delicious!! Thanks for sharing! I'll be praying for you and your husband! Hope you're both feeling MUCH better soon!! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I absolutely LOVE reading your comments and try my hardest to reply via email! Make sure you're not a no-reply commenter so I can do that. If I can't email you, I'll try to reply on here :-) Have a wonderful day, friends!