Friday, April 11, 2014

5 on Friday!




Woo hoo!!!!  It's Friday!  Anyone have fun weekend plans?! I'm linking up with AprilNatashaChristina, and Darci today for 5 on Friday!

{ONE}

My dad and his girlfriend are coming to visit us this weekend and I'm looking forward to it!  He hasn't seen our house yet so we're happy to have them.  I also enjoy getting to know his girlfriend.  Here's a photo from my wedding of my dad and sisters...


{TWO}

I bought a necklace through Living Social from uno6eight that came in this week!  I was skeptical, but so pleasantly surprised when it came!  The best part...it was only $12!!!  I got the coral one and wore it to a wedding last weekend.  They have five different colors.  The deal is still going on...get yours here!


{THREE}

I made A. Liz Adventures' Easy Stuffed Pork Tenderloin this week and it was delicious!  April is one of the '5 on Friday' link hosts...you should head over to her blog and check this recipe out!


{FOUR}

This is a bit of a confession along with a request for prayer. I may do a longer post after I pray about it a bit. I've been struggling a lot with comparing myself to other people.  I find myself feeling inadequate for being 31 and not having children.  I know it's the Lord's plan and His plan is perfect, but I've been feeling down about it.  Please pray for my heart!  Pray that I would be content with my life and His plan for my life.  I think it's okay to want it, but I should be okay with it being in His timing.  Kevin and I want some time together as a married couple before we start trying for a family, but we're praying about how much time that's supposed to be!  I so appreciate your prayers about this!

{FIVE}

Maegen at The Modern Tulip posted about her love for dark chocolate yesterday.  You see, I LOVE milk chocolate, specifically, Dove's Silky Smooth Milk Chocolate.  I've tried to make myself like dark chocolate, because I know it's better for you, but I haven't fully succeeded.  Maegen says I need to try Ghirardelli's Twilight Delight so I think I'll give it a go!  What about you?  Which chocolate do you prefer?  Do you have a specific brand that you believe is better than the rest?  I'm on a hunt for the perfect chocolate now!


Thanks for reading, my friends!!  Have a wonderful weekend!!

10 comments:

  1. Kelli, try not to let it get you down about the baby thing. i know I let it bother me so much because everyone else was having babies and I hadn't yet. I was 31 when I got pregnant with my little man. God's timing is perfect. I'm so glad I waited until he was ready to give me my Pip. My husband and I were married for 3 and 1/2 years and i feel us waiting was better for our relationship and also allowed us to be better prepared for parenthood.
    Best dark chocolate is Ghirardelli Dark with Salt Ummmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelli Don't worry about not having kids right now. it will come with time. I'M 32 I had my son when I was about to be
    30. I will pray for you. But god got a plan for you and it will be great. You have a great heart. :O)
    love the boots your sister wore at your wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am definitely a dark chocolate kind of girl! I LOVE IT! Trader Joes has some great varieties. One of my favorites is dark choc with sea salt and caramel....HOOOLLLYYY YUM! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow that pork tenderloin. LOOKS AMAZING!!
    Have fun with your family! =D
    xo,
    nancy

    http://www.adoretoadorn.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally understand the comparing yourself. I do it all the time. But please, do not feel like you're old at 31. You still have so much time to have children. I had my daughter when I was 29, and got pregnant after we'd been married only 8 months. It was a total surprise and although I love her more than anything, I wish we'd had more time together before I got pregnant. Really try to enjoy the time you two have right now and don't rush it. When you're ready, you're ready. And if that's not for another few years that's ok. You'll still be a great mom no matter how old you are :)

    Love dark chocolate! Ghiradelli is definitely one of my faves! And I really love that necklace! It looks great on you!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. 31?! I had my first daughter at the age of 33 and my second at 36 1/2. You're not old. I will pray for you my friend. If you ever have any prayer requests, never hesitate to shoot me an email too. I've been on a journey of prayer and I'm learning that my "best" prayers are my prayers for others.

    I love that necklace! It's beautiful.

    I love a specific dark chocolate. Lindt Salted Dark Chocolate is my favourite. Since I started eating it though, I have developed a preference for dark over milk chocolate.

    Wishing you a lovely weekend!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for emailing me! It drives me crazy how Blogger frequently resets to the whole "no-reply" status. I appreciate the head's up!

      Delete
  7. It's hard not to compare, no matter what it is that you're comparing...but girl, you've got PLENTY of time!! And haven't you heard, 40 is the new 30 when it comes to baby-making. I actually read a study recently that fertility actually doesn't decrease the way people have always thought it does until after 40, so no stress!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, way to score an awesome necklace deal! I'm always a bit wary of the Living Social accessories that seem too good to be true but I need to give this one a try!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes! You totally should try it! Also, get that pork tenderloin in my face like yesterday. YUM!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I absolutely LOVE reading your comments and try my hardest to reply via email! Make sure you're not a no-reply commenter so I can do that. If I can't email you, I'll try to reply on here :-) Have a wonderful day, friends!