Friday, April 18, 2014

5 on Friday! He is Risen!!!



It's time for 5 on Friday!  I love getting to this post, because it means it's almost the weekend!!!  I hope everyone has a great Easter weekend and celebrates our Risen Lord because He is alive!

SIDE NOTE: Hey friends! Would you mind following me on GFC?  There is a link on my sidebar where you can click "join this site".  Thanks a ton, loves!!!

{ONE}

I found this super cute, very appropriate Easter printable on Pinterest this week!  I wish I had found it earlier and printed in time for us to enjoy it.  I'll definitely be printing it out next year.  I am so grateful that Jesus arose from death and redeemed me.  Easter is nothing without the Resurrection so let's celebrate because He is alive!!!


{TWO}

So I discovered Polyvore this week and I. AM. ADDICTED.  I had too much fun creating outfits that I can't buy right now.  I have a limited budget for this type of stuff so I'll just look and admire for now and try to create outfits like this out of what I already have!  I am LOVING blue and coral this year!  I want this outfit!!


Blue and Coral - my new favorite!

Dress: Oliver Bonas / Sandals: Macy's / Clutch: CUSP by Neiman Marcus / Necklace: Maria Black / Earrings: Wolf & Badger / Bracelet: Kenneth Jay Lane

{THREE}

Call me weird if you want to, but I LOVE dying Easter eggs.  I've done it for many years as an adult.  I cannot wait until I have children to do this with them!!  I get so excited!  And here's your laugh for the day...I found an old photo of me and my sister at Easter that shows my enthusiasm and her hilarious reaction.

This week my friend and I dyed some eggs and decided to replicate the photo as adults.  It's not the same person but close enough!  I've known her since Kindergarten!


{FOUR}

Kelly over at Kelly's Korner is hosting an online book club on Wednesdays and I'm excited to participate!  We're reading "The Antelope in the Living Room" by Melanie Shankle.  I've been reading about this book on what seems like every single blog so I'm jumping at the opportunity to "read it with others."  I'm 2 chapters in and enjoying it so far!


{FIVE}

Last Friday, Kevin and I went to our first Texas Rangers home game of the season!  We didn't have much time to tailgate after work but we set up our ladder golf, played a few games in the parking lot and then went into the game.  They won after 13 long innings!  Go Rangers!


And I'm not a big beer drinker but I do love me some Shiner Ruby Redbird!  It's a Texas beer that only comes out in the summer so I'm excited that it's here!  They were selling it at the game.


Have a wonderful weekend, friends!!!

12 comments:

  1. I adore this post, Kelli!!! The photo you and your friend posed for to replicate the childhood snapshot of you and your sister has me laughing so! LOL! I love it!! Dying eggs is fun at any age :*) I have too much fun playing on Polyvore!!! Super cute pic of you and your hubby enjoying the first home game of the season!! ...& I saved the BEST for last ;) -- Rejoicing with you in our RISEN SAVIOR this Easter weekend, and always!!!! Enjoy celebrating Him!! XO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! First, the Easter printable is perfection! I will be downloading it asap to add to my Easter decor. Second, that's a super-cute outfit! Third, I am laughing so hard at the photo recreation! Bahaha! Lastly, it looks like y'all had fun at the Rangers game. I have so many memories going to games there growing up near Arlington. I'm hoping to take my kids to their first Rangers game this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I should go ahead and print it out too so I have it for next year! Haha...I'm glad you enjoyed the photo! I can't stop laughing about it either :-p Awww your kids will love the Rangers game! I hope! :) You should go on a night that they have a free giveaway for kids. We always wish we had a kid because those giveaways are awesome! Well...and for other reasons too :-p Thanks for stopping by, Jen!

      Delete
  3. Stopping by from the link up! First of all I am from Texas!! GO RANGERS! :) I am living in Italy for a few months but boy do I miss and love the great state of Texas! :) Love the Easter printable and dying easter eggs is fun at any age! Happy Easter!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I may have to start participating in the 5 on Friday. I've seen that Easter printable. It is perfect.
    Polyvore is SO addicting! Love that site.
    That photo recreation is hilarious! We like dying Easter eggs too. :)
    The Antelope in the Living Room is hilarious! I bought it for my best friend to read as well. Melanie is a riot!

    Happy Easter my dear!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore that outfit! I want to buy it too!! =) I joined you on GFC! =) Happy Good Friday, friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Thank you so much! Hope you had an amazing Easter weekend!

      Delete
  6. I have that printable framed on my mantle! I found it last month. That outfit is just up my alley. Happy Easter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that outfit!! Blue and coral are definitely a great color combo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really loving it this year :) I need more coral though...I really don't own too much of it so I'm looking for deals! Hope you had a great weekend, Joanne!

      Delete
  8. What an awesome post. I love that printable too!

    Cute redo of the Easter egg dying activity (even if it is a different person, she filled in nicely). Love the expressions on your faces (in both photos)!

    Wishing you a lovely Easter!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've heard such great things about both of Melanie's books, I need to get them!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I absolutely LOVE reading your comments and try my hardest to reply via email! Make sure you're not a no-reply commenter so I can do that. If I can't email you, I'll try to reply on here :-) Have a wonderful day, friends!