Monday, March 24, 2014

Welcome to my New Blog!

Welcome!  I'm so excited to share my new blog with you!

I have been praying about what my purpose in blogging is and what I want to achieve with it.  In the process, I decided to change the name and URL to fit the whole feel of my blog.

My original blog:


The Sovereign Lord is my strength;
    he makes my feet like the feet of a deer,    
he enables me to tread on the heights.

~Habakkuk 3:19


As much as I loved my old name feetofadeer.blogspot.com (to tread on the heights), based on Habakkuk 3:19, I feel that A Deeper Joy better embodies what I want my blog to represent.  To understand what that means, read what I wrote about it here.

I have to admit, this whole blogging world has opened my eyes to a lot of new things.  It's also made me feel pressured to become someone I'm not.  I don't know anything about fashion and don't make up most of my own recipes which is what a ton of blogs are about.  I'm very impressed with the women who do those things though!  But I am proud of who I am and the things that interest me.  I can enjoy other blogs that post about those things, and post about what my passions are on mine.

I recently read a post called Sharing Your Faith Through Blogging on Kelly's Korner blog that spoke to me more than almost any other post I've read on blogging.  The key things I needed to hear (read) were:

Blog for yourself!

and

Don't compare!

She also talks about writing about things that are important to you, not just what you think others want to hear.  So this is what I'm doing!

I really hope that you choose to follow me and take this journey with me.  I've loved getting to know other bloggers so far and hope that continues!

Follow me on Bloglovin, add me to your Reading List, save me as a favorite!

Enjoy!  God bless!

4 comments:

  1. I changed the name of my blog when I first started blogging as well. And I agree, blog for yourself. Don't try to be someone you aren't. People can sense that in your writing. :) Excited to follow along!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tiffany! :) I kept thinking about how much I like your blog name. You picked a good one!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I absolutely LOVE reading your comments and try my hardest to reply via email! Make sure you're not a no-reply commenter so I can do that. If I can't email you, I'll try to reply on here :-) Have a wonderful day, friends!